top of page

Early Years, Children & Young People

Rosemount Lifelong Learning also has a Nursery for early years learning for 2-5 year olds. Our dedicated staff are highly trained and use in the moment planning to ensure your child gets the most out of their time with us.


To learn more, contact the Nursery Manager, Lorna, at either,,

or call 0141 552 3090.

Inspection Report

Our parents handbook can be found below

Childcare Application Form

Application Process for Eligible 2 Funding

For assistance with filling out the application, please contact the Nursery Manager Lorna:,,

or call 0141 552 3090.

Eligible 2s Criteria



Funded early learning and childcare is free to parents as the costs are met by the Scottish Government.

In Accordance with Scottish Government legislation from August 2021, eligible 2 year olds will be able to access up to 1140 hours per year of funded early learning and childcare.


Early Learning and Childcare funded places for eligible 2 year olds are available within some Council nurseries, some of our funded provider settings and with some registered childminders. Information on settings where this provision is available can be found on the Glasgow Family Information Service (


Who’s eligible?

Funded early learning and childcare is available if your child is aged 2 and is or, since they turned 2, has been:

  • looked after by a local council

  • the subject of a kinship care order

  • the subject of a guardianship order


Your child can also access funded ELC if they have turned 2 and you were yourself care experienced at any point during your own childhood. You should speak to the nursery if you feel you meet this criteria.


Your child can also get funded early learning and childcare if they have turned 2 and you get one of these benefits:

  • Income Support

  • Job Seeker’s Allowance (income based)

  • any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance

  • Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance

  • State Pension Credit

  • support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999


If you receive tax credits or universal credit, then you can earn a certain amount of money and still be eligible. If you are on Child Tax Credit:

  • but not Working Tax Credit, then your earnings can be £19,995 or less

  • and Working Tax Credit, then your earnings can be £9,552 a year or less

If you are on Universal Credit, then your household take-home pay can be £796 a month or less.

When does entitlement begin and end?

Two year old children who meet the eligibility criteria as outlined above can access provision from the start of the first term AFTER their second birthday OR the start of the first term AFTER the parent starts receiving those named benefits or tax credits.


How do you apply?


If you think you may be eligible to access this provision and wish to apply, you must make an application to the Council to check whether you meet the eligibility criteria. You must also apply to the nursery or via the Scottish Childminding Association for a place. Both you, and the nursery you have chosen or SCMA , will receive confirmation of whether you are eligible for a funded place or not. Places will be allocated in line with any appropriate admissions policies. Applications to check your eligibility can be made online using the following link:—Childcare


If you are found not to be eligible, you can still take up a place for your two year old but you would have to meet the costs yourself.

Meet the Team

bottom of page